A house concert
is an invitation-only concert in someone's home,
presented by a host who does not profit from the event.
Also, house concerts are usually:
Am I a good fit?
- held indoors and on weekends
- attended by 20-50 people
- paid for by a $10-20 donation per guest (for the performer)
- known to include light snacks, beverages or a pot-luck dinner
- attended by the host's friends, neighbors, co-workers, and maybe a few fans of the artist
- attended by a 25-60 age group
- performed by solo, duos and small groups
- performed with little or no amplification
- very intimate - the audiences sit close and are attentive
- performed in 2, 40-minute sets with a 20 minute break
- stronger for artist's merchandise sales than traditional venues
- booked with and without a financial guarantees (can vary by host and by artist)
- known to house and feed the artist for the night
How will this site benefit me?